Exchange with Lithuania

p1110231 In January we were in Kaunas to meet students from Darius Girenas Gymnasium. Through the embassy we had been merged and are about to develop an exchange program. They came for the return visit in February and all in all we can say it was a really great. We'll continue with the exchanges next year.

Was wir von unserem Austausch wollen - erwarten - erhoffen:

Die SchülerInnen aus Kaunas Die SchülerInnen aus Berlin

Ich habe schon einige Länder gesehen und möchte gerne Litauen kennenlernen.     Didier

Uns erwartet ein unvorstellbares Erlebnis und möchte soviel Input wie möglich haben.     Ramzy

Es wird bestimmt sehr aufregend, sich mit der Gastfamilie zu verständigen. Das Schulsystem wird sicherlich ganz anders sein.     Aileen

Ich finde es toll, anderen etwas über mein Land beizubringen. Wie wird das Wetter im Januar in Kaunas sein?    Sophie

Ich hoffe, dass ich auch nach dem Austausch noch Kontakt mit den Leuten in Kaunas haben werde.     Dario

Es interssiert mich, wie sich Litauen seit der Unabhängigkeit von der Sowjet-Union entwickelt hat.     Ivan

Die Bilder von Kaunas, die ich gesehen habe, sehen sehr vielversprechend aus und ich denke, dass das Land noch viele andere Überraschungen haben wird.    Levinia

Ich möchte sehen, wie die Menschen in Litauen leben.    Adrienne

Wir werden sicherlich viel Deutsch sprechen, aber auch unser Englisch miteinander verbessern.   Nico

Ich möchte hören, wie sie unsere Gastgeber miteinander kommunizieren, ob sie gastfreundlich sind und ob ich gut mit ihnen auskomme.     Josias

My weekend in Kaunas

Friday 7th of January .

I woke up at 4 am in the morning in order to shower, brush my teeth and get ready for the flight. At 6:20 I met all of my classmates at the airport, we all had a funny feeling because neither of us knew anything about Lithuania. After a rough flight of Ryan air we successfully landed on time and waited  for the exchange students to come. First Didier got his partner, then Ramzy and Adrienne went to their partner. With a slight delay my exchange partner came with 3 other girls, I felt very curious and was very pleased with the first impression.

we arrived in school I had the same feeling as if it was my school, it felt like a place you have to learn and wasn’t fun at all. Thank god I didn’t have to learn Lithuanian. The only lesson we had was a traditional Lithuanian dance, which I really disliked because it made me feel stupid even if I could dance it. I went home to my exchange partner which, by the way, was a blonde girl named Auguste. As we arrived at home my first impression of the outside of the flat was horrible but as soon as we came inside I really liked it, because it made me feel home. We spent two hours at her dressing up for the opera. We were watching the play of Romeo and Juliet in the opera. Unfortunately it was in Lithuanian so I couldn’t understand a word; if I wasn’t sleeping I was counting the minutes until it ended. Back home with Auguste I got to meet her mother and her father. Her mother asked if wanted a tea and her father if I wanted traditional beer, I couldn’t say no to the beer.

01_Januar_2011_Kaunas_1_Schule 01_Januar_2011_Kaunas_1_Schule_21 01_Januar_2011_Kaunas_1_Schule_23 01_Januar_2011_Kaunas_1_Schule_26
01_Januar_2011_Kaunas_2_Vilnius_2 01_Januar_2011_Kaunas_2_Vilnius_13 01_Januar_2011_Kaunas_3_Trakai_3 01_Januar_2011_Kaunas_2_Vilnius_10

Saturday 8th of January

I woke up feeling good until someone said we are supposed to drive to the capital of Lithuania, which is Vilnius. We had a German speaking guide which was quite pleasant for all of us could understand German. After the guide we went on to another place called Trakai where we went to have lunch which I did not really like because of the taste of the meat. After the meal we went to see the Trakai Castle.

That evening we spent our time with the girls at home playing games, eating pizza and we even got an unexpected present from her dog.

Sunday 9th of January

Today we could sleep till 10 am local time; I overslept and almost was too late for the museum of the 9th Fort.  I wasn’t in the mood for a museum that’s why I could hardly behave myself in the museum and it was actually colder in the museum than outside. After finishing the museum five fathers with six cars were waiting for us to drive us to a local pub and had our lunch there. For lunch I had minced beef wrapped in potatoes with a beacon onion sauce.  After the traditional meal we were divided into groups and did an urban questionnaire race. We still don’t know who won it which I find quite funny.

That evening we were in school and played some games together and played hide and seek in their whole school.  After that we were actually supposed to go home to our families but we all went to Mantas and had a small party with everybody. At night we went home to Auguste. We were four people Auguste Sederik Ieva and I, and were watching films, but we did not sleep that day because it didn’t make any sense going to sleep at 3 am and getting up at 4 am.

01_Januar_2011_Kaunas_6_15

Monday 10th of January

As I said we didn’t sleep at all, we got to the airport dead tired and said good bye to all of them. I felt sad on the one hand but on the other happy because we were going to see them again in Berlin. At the end an Arabaic, a Brit, an Italian, an American, two Germans and an African were happy to be back in the capital city of Germany Berlin.

All in all I was very happy with the exchange to Lithuania and am looking forward to see them again in Berlin.

Nach dem Gegenbesuch in Berlin

Es war eine sehr angenheme Athmosphäre zwischen uns. Ihr seid uns auch sehr entgegengekommen und habt uns bei dem Programm geholfen.   Adrienne

Ich habe viel mit euch gelacht, z. B. als wir durch den Schlosspark liefen und über den Zaun klettern mussten.   Levinia

Es wäre toll, wenn wir diesen Austausch so schnell wie möglich wiederholen könnten.   Nico

Wir hatten ein fröhliches und informatives Wochenende mit euch.    Josias

Ich bin dir unglaublich dankbar dafür, dass du für eine kurze Zeit ein Teil unserer Familie warst.   Sophie

Ich hoffe, dir hat unser Berlin-Programmvom Inhalt und vom Umfang her gereicht hat.    Ramzy

Ich hoffe du konntest gut in deinem Bett schlafen.   Basti

Mir hat unsere Feier bei Ivan am besten gefallen, weil wir da ganz unter uns waren.   Didier

Das Konzert von "Ennio"  war mal etwas abwechslungsreicher als die sonstigen Programme.    Dario

Ich hoffe euch hat unser Essen geschmekct.   Aileen

Kontakt

Wilma-Rudolph-Oberschule
Am Hegewinkel 2a
14169 Berlin

Tel: (030) 90299-6464/-6794
Fax: (030) 90299-6766
E-Mail:

Anmeldung

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.